top of page

The COLLEGE OF THE IMMACULATE CONCEPTION was initially located within the business area of Cabanatuan City along Del Pilar St. It was marked as a historical site because the building beside the St. Nicholas de Tolentine Cathedral was the convent which Filipino revolutionaries used as their headquarters.  The façade of the school building was the place where General Antonio Luna, one of the luminaries in the Filipino’s fight for freedom against the Spanish and American domination, was killed. The institution was founded in 1926 as San Nicolas Catholic School by Rev. Fr. Ruperto T. Del Rosario, parish priest of Cabanatuan. 


During the dynamic leadership of Msgr. Pacifico B. Araullo in 1950 and the years that followed, the school underwent great changes and claimed significant achievements. In 1962, the Cabanatuan Institute was elevated into a college and it was given the name, College of the Immaculate Conception.  It was the first established Catholic college in Nueva Ecija. Hence, Msgr. Araullo was conferred the honors of being its Founder and President.  It was also in 1962 when the Sisters of the Franciscan Congregation of the Immaculate Conception (CFIC) arrived in  Cabanatuan City to help Msgr. Araullo  in the administration of the College.

The College of the Immaculate Conception started its transfer to a new site in response to the pressing demands of stakeholders for bigger space and better facilities.  The relocation was completed after almost two decades of continued expansion and construction in a five-hectare lot adjacent to Maria Assumpta Seminary along Maharlika Highway, Cabanatuan City.  The current site of the school houses all the programs, from basic to tertiary education.  


The College of the Immaculate Conception continued to fulfill its mission as an effective instrument of evangelization of the Catholic church under the leadership and direction of its succeeding presidents, namely, Msgr. Pacifico B. Araullo, Msgr. Camilo D. Gregorio, Msgr. Florentino F. Cinense, Fr. Antonio A. Mangahas, Fr. Francisco O. Algas, Fr. Michael F.I. Veneracion, Fr. Richmond V. Nilo, and Fr. Elmer M. Mangalinao.  The College was cited for its accomplishments in board examination performances, external quality assurance, cultural arts, athletics, community extension programs, and church-recognized programs.

In 1936, the school was renamed Cabanatuan Institute.  It expanded into complete primary and secondary school. The Rev. Carlos S. Inquimboy, then School Director, did everything to make the Institute different from other schools in nearby provinces. The Sisters of St. Paul de Chartres took the responsibility of managing the affairs of the Cabanatuan Institute. In 1940, the school had its first batch of high school graduates. 

bottom of page